Happy Birthday to Me!

Today I turned the ripe old age of 28. I remember a time when I never thought i would live to see myself at this age. At 15, 28 seemed a lifetime away...and it was!

28 is nothing to complain about though, I still have my health, my future, my youthfulness and I am still having fun. But this year in particular is going to be a good year for me. This is the year that everything will be turned around for the better. I will be marrying the most awesome person i have ever met this year. He truly is a good person and has a good heart. I honestly cannot say that about many people these days. His family is just like him, very kindhearted. I am so lucky to be marrying him!

I feel good about my financial situation this year too unlike the other years. This year I am credit card debt free! I didn't say debt free, i just said credit card debt free. It doesn't sound like a big deal but it is when you have had to live off of credit cards just to get by in the past...college days mostly. Now all i have is my student loans, and car note! It feels good and peaceful to be in this financial position. A year ago I was far far from it and had a long road in front of me.

I am also going on a really good honeymoon to playa del carmen in a few months with Dave. And we have it paid for already! I'm so excited, I have needed a real vacation for years and this will be just what the doctor ordered! I consider it my reward for getting my financial butt in shape! lol.

So here's to a peaceful and happy year, 28 and still counting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment